What We Offer
To feed the body, mind and spirit of our community by living our baptismal covenant. Our goal is that St. Matthew’s will be bursting at the seams and will have sacred spaces inside and out for people to experience God’s presence.
- Church services
- Eucharistic Minister & Visitors - Home, hospital and nursing home visits can be made upon request by the priest and by Eucharistic Ministers and visitors.
- Lay Readers/lector
- Worship leaders - in addition to our priest, other parishioners are approved by the Diocese to conduct Morning Prayer in the absence of the priest.
- Prayers - Prayers of the People are offered at all services. Birthdays, anniversaries,thanksgivings, newly departed and those from our Book of Remembrances are mentioned by name, as are those who are in need, sorrow, sickness, or any other adversity.
- Altar Guild - A group of parishioners prepare the altar for weekly services. Training is provided.
- Flowers - St. Matthew's altar is has flowers on all Sundays as allowed by the church calendar. Flowers may be provided on request in memory of a loved one. Donations to the Flower Fund are welcome.
- Senior Choir/Junior Choir
- Acolytes - ministry for those parishioners 4th grade through adult who wish to assist at the Altar during worship.
- Prayer Group - praying for those in need, sorrow, sickness or any other adversity in person or by email.
- Nursery - Staffed on Sundays during 10 am mass.
- Musicians: Organist Baptisms, weddings, last rites, house blessings, burials
If you have any questions or would like to participate in this ministry, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or Vestry liaisons Nancy Clark or David Betz.